Submissions: Open to Agents
We are accepting book proposals from genre and literary book agents. Unfortunately, at this time Tachyon is not taking direct author submissions. Please do not send submissions if you do not have an agent (if you have an agent, see below for how they should query us), or if you represent yourself. We recommend Agent Query, Query Tracker, and the Writer Information Center at SFWA as genre publishing resources for writers.
- Tachyon is looking for agented high-quality speculative fiction such as science fiction, fantasy, and horror. We are looking for: great prose, original concepts, strong worldbuilding, and accurate science, as well as nontraditional/underrepresented authors, themes, and influences.
- We are considering adult and middle grade fiction.
- We are not currently considering anthologies, series novels, or reprints.
- We are generally not looking for nonfiction, but will consider queries – topics must be speculative fiction-related.
- Please direct all queries into our submissions pipeline: [email to: submissions @ tachyonpublications .com].
- Include your pitch in the body of the email, and attach either the first three chapters or the full manuscript (we prefer the latter). Our preferred manuscript formatting is a Word doc that is double-spaced, Times New Roman, and 1″ margins.
- Feel free to cc an editor if you feel the project would be of special interest to them.
Artists and designers: Open
We are taking submissions/queries from book designers and artists. We’d especially like to hear from book designers who do interiors.
Please email us with: a link to your portfolio/website (if any), your general rates, and your resume/experience in the body of the email. Please do not send attachments; we will not look at them.
-Book interiors/layout : interiors @ tachyonpublications.com
-Illustrators and artists (please include what rights you have available): artists @ tachyonpublications.com
-Cover designers: designers @tachyonpublications.com
Copyeditors and proofreaders: Open
Tachyon is always looking for highly skilled freelance copyeditors and proofreaders with experience in genre fiction. We’d love to hear from you at [editing @ tachyonpublications.com]. Please include a link to and/or text (no attachments) with your CV and rates.
We are especially looking for: training in copyediting/proofreading/style guides; an understanding of contemporary sf/f/h; folx from underrepresented communities. Bonus quarks for experience with hard SF.
We’re not looking for developmental editors at this time.
Tachyon is not hiring at this time.
We are not offering internships at this time. If you would like to be considered for a future internship, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] with a cover letter and resume. We strongly prefer candidates with a demonstrable interest in and knowledge of the speculative fiction genres; those possessing skills and experience with publicity marketing, copy writing, and social media; and those from underrepresented communities.