Tachyon is currently open to agented book projects. Please use the following guidelines regarding submissions.
Submissions: Open to agents only
Unfortunately, at this time Tachyon is not taking author submissions. Please do not send submissions if you do not have an agent (if you have an agent, see below for how they should query us), or if you represent yourself. We recommend Agent Query, Query Tracker, and the Writer Information Center at SFWA as genre publishing resources for writers.
We are accepting book proposals from genre and literary agents.
- Please direct all queries into our submissions pipeline: [email to: submissions @ tachyonpublications .com].
- Include your pitch in the body of the email, and attach either the first three chapters or the full manuscript (we prefer the latter). We prefer Word or other .doc files. Please include your contact information and a link to your agency website.
- Feel free to cc an editor if you feel the project would be of special interest to them.
- Tachyon is interested in speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, and horror) projects with high-quality writing, original concepts, and nontraditional themes and influences.
- We are considering middle-reader, YA, and adult fiction.
- Nonfiction must be science fiction, fantasy, or horror themed.
- We are not currently looking for series novels or reprints.
Artists and designers
We are taking submissions from book designers and artists, including interiors/layout, illustration, and cover design and/or art. Please email us at [artists @ tachyonpublications.com] or [designers @ tachyonpublications.com] with your current resume in the body of the email and/or a link to your portfolio (no attachments, please).
Copyeditors and proofreaders
Tachyon is looking for highly skilled copyeditors and proofreaders with experience in genre fiction. We’d love to hear from you at [editing @ tachyonpublications.com]. Please include a link to and/or text (no attachments) with your CV and rates.
We are especially looking for: training in copyediting/proofreading/style guides; an understanding of contemporary sf/f/h; folx from underrepresented communities. Bonus quarks for experience with hard SF.
We’re not looking for developmental editors at this time.
Internships: Closed through Winter 2020
We are not offering internships at this time. If you would like to be considered for a future internship, please email us at [email@example.com] with a cover letter and resume. Special consideration will be given to candidates with an interest in the speculative fiction genres, and to those possessing skills and experience with copyediting, proofreading, copywriting, online marketing, and publicity.