Book submissions: Open to Agents Only
We are only accepting submissions from literary and genre agents. Unfortunately, at this time Tachyon is not taking author submissions.
- Please read these submissions guidelines and send appropriate proposals to our submissions portal: [submissions @ tachyonpublications.com]
- Tachyon is looking for agented high-quality speculative fiction including science fiction, fantasy, and horror
- We prefer excellent prose, original concepts, strong world-building, and accurate science, as well as nontraditional authors, influences, and themes,
- We are considering adult and middle grade fiction at this time
- We are not currently considering anthologies, series novels, or reprints
- We are not generally looking for collections or nonfiction, but may consider speculative fiction-related projects
- Feel free to cc an editor if you feel the project would be of special interest to them; your submission will only go into our queue if it is also sent to the submissions portal
- Please include the book pitch in the body of the email, and attach the full manuscript
- Our preferred manuscript formatting is a Word doc that is double-spaced, Times New Roman, and 1″ margins
If you do not have an agent, we recommend that you look at Agent Query, Query Tracker, Manuscript Wish List, and the Writer Information Center at SFWA.
Artists and designers: Open
We are taking submissions/queries from book designers and artists. Please email us at [designers @ tachyonpublications.com] or [artists @ tachyonpublications.com] with a link to your portfolio/website (if any), your general rates, and your resume/experience in the body of the email. Please do not send attachments.
Copyeditors and proofreaders: Open
Tachyon is always looking for highly skilled freelance copyeditors and proofreaders with experience in genre fiction. We’d love to hear from you at [editing @ tachyonpublications.com]. Please include a link to and/or text (no attachments) with your resume and rates by the word count or project. We are especially looking for: training in copyediting/proofreading/style guides; an understanding of contemporary sf/f/h; folx from underrepresented communities. Bonus quarks for experience with hard SF. We’re not looking for developmental/substantive editors at this time.
Unfortunately, Tachyon is not hiring at this time.
We are not currently offering internships If you would like to be considered for a future internship, please email us at [internships @ tachyonpublications.com] with a cover letter and resume. We strongly prefer candidates with a demonstrable interest in and knowledge of the speculative fiction genres; people possessing skills and experience with publicity marketing, copy writing, and social media; and people from underrepresented communities.