Book submissions: Open to Agents Only
We are only accepting submissions from literary and genre agents. Unfortunately, at this time Tachyon is not taking author submissions.
- Please read these submissions guidelines and send appropriate proposals to our submissions portal: [submissions @ tachyonpublications.com]
- Tachyon is looking for agented high-quality speculative fiction including science fiction, fantasy, and horror
- We prefer excellent prose, original concepts, strong world-building, and accurate science, as well as nontraditional authors, influences, and themes,
- We are considering adult and middle grade fiction at this time
- We are not currently considering anthologies, series novels, or reprints
- We are not generally looking for collections or nonfiction, but may consider speculative fiction-related projects
- Feel free to cc an editor if you feel the project would be of special interest to them; your submission will only go into our queue if it is also sent to the submissions portal
- Please include the book pitch in the body of the email, and attach the full manuscript
- Our preferred manuscript formatting is a Word doc that is double-spaced, Times New Roman, and 1″ margins
Artists and designers: Open
We are taking submissions/queries from book designers and artists. Please email us at [designers @ tachyonpublications.com] or [artists @ tachyonpublications.com] with a link to your portfolio/website (if any), your general rates, and your resume/experience in the body of the email. Please do not send attachments.
Copyeditors and proofreaders: Open
Tachyon is always looking for highly skilled freelance copyeditors and proofreaders with experience in genre fiction. We’d love to hear from you at [editing @ tachyonpublications.com]. Please include a link to and/or text (no attachments) with your resume and rates by the word count or project. We are especially looking for: training in copyediting/proofreading/style guides; an understanding of contemporary sf/f/h; folx from underrepresented communities. Bonus quarks for experience with hard SF. We’re not looking for developmental/substantive editors at this time.
Unfortunately, Tachyon is not hiring at this time.
We are not currently offering internships If you would like to be considered for a future internship, please email us at [internships @ tachyonpublications.com] with a cover letter and resume. We strongly prefer candidates with a demonstrable interest in and knowledge of the speculative fiction genres; people possessing skills and experience with publicity marketing, copy writing, and social media; and people from underrepresented communities.