Peter Watts Is An Angry Sentient Tumor
by Peter Watts
ISBN: Print: 978-1-61696-319-4; Digital: 978-1-61696-320-0
Published: November 2019
Available Format(s): Trade Paperback and Digital
With over fifty unpredictable, scathing, hilarious, and more-than-occasionally moving essays about science, politics, family, pop culture, religion and more, Peter Watts—Hugo Award-winning author, former marine biologist, and “angry sentient tumor” (via Annalee Newitz, author of Autonomous)—shows why he is the savage dystopian optimist whom you can’t look away from . . . even when you probably should.
[Starred Review] “Irreverent, self-depreciating, profane, and funny, showcasing a Hunter S. Thompson–esque studied rage and dissatisfaction with the status quo combined with the readability and humor of John Scalzi.”
Which of the following is true?
- Peter Watts is banned from the U.S.
- Watts almost died from flesh-eating bacteria.
- A schizophrenic man living in Watts’s backyard almost set the house on fire.
- Watts was raised by Baptists who really sucked at giving presents.
- Peter Watts said to read this book. Or else.
With Watts’s infamous penchant for blunt, honest, and deep reflection, these retrospective essays provide a view inside his head and even into his heart.