Get the excellent LED ASTRAY: THE BEST OF KELLEY ARMSTRONG for $1.99
The acclaimed LED ASTRAY: THE BEST OF KELLEY ARMSTRONG is a Kindle Daily Deal for Friday, February 22.
For today only, the ebook is available for just $1.99!
“…excellent escapism for urban fantasy readers!”
With her signature twists and turns, #1 New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong (Otherworld, Cainsville, Darkest Powers, Age of Legends) always gives a fresh spin on city-dwelling vampires, werewolves, and zombies. She is equally exciting when traveling further afield, to a post-apocalyptic fortress, a superstitious village, a supernatural brothel, and even feudal Japan.
“[STAR] From the first moment, this collection of fantastical tales sizzles with dark promise, rich world-building, and complex, often haunting characters. In “Rakshashi,” Amrita has long since completed her penance for the crimes she committed as a mortal, and is willing to take any avenue to capture her reward. Tanya is a woman with a gaslighting husband and a complicated history in “A Haunted
Houseof Her Own.” “Dead Flowers by a Roadside” features a grieving man who can speak to ghosts—all but the ones he most longs to hear from. “Harbinger” introduces a group of spirits who have a message but no voice. Each story feels innovative and exciting, and they work together to create a harmonious whole from glittering supernatural fragments. The stories are set at various times and places but all feel as though they spring from the same dark, dangerous, and fantastical world. This excellent anthology will thrill Armstrong fans and new readers alike.”
—Publishers Weekly, starred review
Here is the first time that urban fantasy, young adult, mystery, and crime author Kelley Armstrong has had her stories collected from the Otherworld and beyond. From humorous to heart-stopping, and including two original tales, Led Astray showcases Armstrong at her versatile best.
- Book Nook: Ten Best Books I Read in 2015
- A Book Frivolity 10 Fantastic Fantasy Releases for September 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Rakshashi (standalone)
- Kat (Darkest Powers universe, non-series narrator)
- A Haunted House of Her Own (standalone)
- Learning Curve (Otherworld universe, Zoe)
- The Screams of Dragons (Cainsville universe, non-series narrator)
- The Kitsune’s Nine Tales (Age of Legends universe, non-series narrator)
- Last Stand (standalone)
- Bamboozled (Otherworld universe, non-series narrator)
- Branded (Otherworld universe, non-series narrator)
- The List (Otherworld universe, Zoe)
- Young Bloods (Otherworld universe, non-series narrator)
- The Door (standalone, original to this collection)
- Dead Flowers by a Roadside (standalone)
- Suffer the Children (standalone)
- The Collector (standalone)
- Gabriel’s Gargoyles (Cainsville universe, Gabriel)
- Harbinger (standalone)
- V Plates (Otherworld universe, Nick)
- Life Sentence (Otherworld universe, non-series narrator)
- Plan B (standalone)
- The Hunt (Cainsville universe, non-series narrator)
- Dead to Me (standalone)
- Devil May Care (Cainsville universe, Patrick, original to this collection)
“Kelley Armstrong’s Led Astray hits all the notes it’s supposed to, and quite a few higher ones as well…. plenty for hard-core fans and newcomers alike to enjoy.”
—Green Man Review
For more information on LED ASTRAY: THE BEST OF KELLEY ARMSTRONG, visit the Tachyon page.
Cover by Elizabeth Story