THE Tachyon party dress
For Tachyon’s 20th anniversary shindig, Associate Editor Rachel Fagundes showed up in a sensational and appropriate dress for the occasion.
(photo: Francesca Myman)
Rachel’s custom dress was made for the party by designer Martina Ballante, based on Rachel’s cover selections and laid out by Tachyon’s lead designer Elizabeth Story. The fabric was printed by SPOONFLOWER.
I already owned a few dresses made from Star Trek themed fabric or featuring other geeky prints, and I always got asked about them whenever I wore them out to conventions. This got me thinking that it would be a lot of fun to have a dress that showed off our beautiful Tachyon book covers, and it would give me a chance to talk about our books at comic conventions and other events.
I tried to pick covers that showed off a variety of our novels, novellas, anthologies, and short story collections in the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres—that all worked together in the same color scheme.
Tachyon 15 used for the dress:
DON’T LIE by Terry
Bisson Cover by Ann Monn
edited by Ellen Datlow
Cover art by Valentina Brostean Design by Elizabeth Story
- STEAMPUNK edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer Cover by Ann Monn
- CENTRAL STATION by Lavie Tidhar Cover by Elizabeth Story
- THE MONSTROUS edited by
Ellen Datlow Cover by Reiko
Murakami Cover design by Elizabeth Story
- STEAMPUNK III: STEAMPUNK REVOLUTION edited by Ann VanderMeer Cover tinkerbots by Dan Jones Design by Elizabeth Story
- HANNU RAJANIEMI: COLLECTED FICTION by Hannu Rajaniemi Cover art by Lius Lasahido Design by Elizabeth Story
- THE BEST OF JOE R. LANSDALE by Joe R. Lansdale Cover by Ann Monn
- BEYOND THE RIFT by Peter Watts Cover art by Hugh Sicotte Design by Elizabeth Story
- THE EMPEROR’S SOUL by Brandon Sanderson Cover art by Alexander Nanitchkov Design by Elizabeth Story
LIKE LEAVES by Charles
de Lint Cover art by Lauren
Kelly Small Design by Elizabeth Story
- SLOW BULLETS by Alastair Reynolds Cover art by Thomas Canty Design by Elizabeth Story
- MEDICINE ROAD by Charles de Lint Cover by Charles Vess
- THE VERY BEST OF TAD WILLIAMS by Tad Williams Cover art by Kerem Beyit Design by Elizabeth Story
THE FALL, BEFORE THE FALL, DURING THE FALL by
Nancy Kress Cover by Elizabeth Story
The only thing seemingly missing from Rachel’s dress was the ability to time travel.