Reviewers, booksellers, and librarians get the iconic Peter S. Beagle’s new collection THE OVERNEATH
Review copies of the beloved Peter S. Beagle’s THE OVERNEATH are now available via NETGALLEY.
These copies are only for reviewers and librarians. For more details, visit NETGALLEY.
And while you are there, check out the other Tachyon titles for review.
by Peter S. Beagle
ISBN: Print: 978-1-61696-269-2
Published: November 2017
Available Format(s): Trade Paperback
New short fiction from the beloved author of THE LAST UNICORN.
An odd couple patrols a county full of mythological beasts and ornery locals. A familiar youngster from the world of THE LAST UNICORN is gifted in magic but terrible at spell-casting. A seemingly incorruptible judge meets his match in a mysterious thief who steals his heart. Two old friends discover that the Overneath goes anywhere, including locations better left unvisited.
Lyrical, witty, and insightful, THE OVERNEATH is Peter S. Beagle’s much-anticipated return to the short form. In these uniquely beautiful and wholly original tales Beagle once again proves himself a master of the imagination.
- The Green-Eyed Boy
- The Story of Kao Yu – First time in print (2017 Locus Award finalist)
- My Son Heydari and the Karkadann – First time in print (limited ebook – Humble Bundle package)
- The Queen Who Could Not Walk
- Trinity County, CA: You’ll Want to Come Again and We’ll Be Glad to See You!
- The Way it Works Out and All
- Schmendrick Alone – First Publication.
- Great-Grandmother in the Cellar
- The Very Nasty Aquarium – First Publication.
- Music, When Soft Voices Die
- Olfert Dapper’s Day
For more info on THE OVERNEATH, visit the Tachyon page.
Cover design by Elizabeth Story