Review copies of award-winning, superstar editor Ellen Datlow’s new anthology THE MONSTROUS are now available via NetGalley.
These copies are only for reviewers and librarians. For more details, visit NetGalley.
And while you are there, check out the other Tachyon titles for review.
Edited by Ellen Datlow
Published: October 2015
Available Format(s): Trade Paperback and Ebooks
“Superstar editor Datlow makes no missteps….”
From the best horror editor in the business comes a landmark horror anthology. Take a terrifying journey with literary masters of suspense, visiting a place where the other is somehow one of us. These electrifying tales redefine monsters from mere things that go bump in the night to inexplicable, deadly reflections of our day-to-day lives. Whether it’s a seemingly devoted teacher, an obsessive devotee of swans, or a diner full of evil creatures simply seeking oblivion, the monstrous is always there—and much closer than it appears.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- “A Natural History of Autumn” by Jeffrey Ford
- “Ashputtle” by Peter Straub
- “Giants in the Earth” by Dale Bailey
- “The Beginning of the Year Without Summer” by Caitlín R. Kiernan
- “A Wish From a Bone” by Gemma Files
- “The Last, Clean, Bright Summer” by Livia Llewellyn
- “The Totals” by Adam-Troy Castro
- “The Chill Clutch of the Unseen” by Kim Newman
- “Down Among the Dead Men” by Jack Dann and Gardner Dozois
- “Catching Flies” by Carole Johnstone
- “Our Turn Too Will One Day Come” by Brian Hodge
- “Grindstone” by Stephen Graham Jones
- “Doll Hands” by Adam L. G. Nevill
- “How I Met the Ghoul” by Sofia Samatar
- “Jenny Come to Play” by Terry Dowling
- “Miss Ill-Kept Runt” by Glen Hirshberg
- “Chasing Sunset” by A.C. Wise
- “The Monster Makers” by Steve Rasnic Tem
- “Piano Man” by Christopher Fowler
- “Corpsemouth” by John Langan
THE MONSTROUS rises from the depths in October.
For more on THE MONSTROUS, visit the Tachyon page.
Cover by Reiko Murakami.
Cover design by Elizabeth Story.