The Hollywood Horror Bundle, curated by Lavie Tidhar, features Kage Baker, Ellen Datlow, Daryl Gregory, and James Morrow
The Hollywood Horror Bundle from the fine folks at StoryBundle offers a tour through worlds of ancient rockets and the devil, black and white monsters and deep hidden fungus, of vampires, fire-breathing giant lizards, horror film survivors and, of course, a dinosaur detective.
- ANCIENT ROCKETS: TREASURES AND TRAINWRECKS OF THE SILENT SCREEN by Kage Baker, edited by Kathleen Bartholomew
- Who Wants to be the Prince of Darkness? by Michael Boatman
- THE CUTTING ROOM: DARK REFLECTIONS OF THE SILVER SCREEN edited by Ellen Datlow
- Deep State by Christopher Farnsworth
- WE ARE ALL COMPLETELY FINE by Daryl Gregory
- Monsters From the Vault by Orrin Grey
- Revenge of Monsters From the Vault by Orrin Grey
- The Imaginary Corpse by Tyler Hayes
- SHAMBLING TOWARDS HIROSHIMA by James Morrow
- THE VIOLENT CENTURY by Lavie Tidhar
- Scream Queen by Edo van Belkom
Ah, Hollywood! The glitz, the glamour – the monsters! For Halloween this year I thought it would be fun to collect books with some connection to Tinseltown – whether by actors, screenwriters, books about the movies or those in development to become films and TV shows. It’s a mixed bag of fabulous! But all of it unsettling in some way. As the nights draw long and the frost settles on the windows and the wind howls mercilessly outside, what better time to settle down with a blanket and read some tales dark and grim?Lavie Tidhar
So join me as we take a tour through worlds of ancient rockets and the devil, black and white monsters and deep hidden fungus, of vampires, fire-breathing giant lizards, horror film survivors and, of course, a dinosaur detective. Here is a mixture of novels and intelligent non-fiction, anthologies and novellas – the full gamut of the field spelled out in stars against a silver screen.
… Aaaaand action!