With the help of the fine people at Goodreads, we’re giving away an Advanced Reader’s Copy (ARC) of The Very Best of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Volume 2, featuring even more quality, award-winning stories from the legendary magazine.
The Very Best of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Volume 2 continues to showcase some of the most famous authors writing in any genre. F&SF jumpstarted the careers of bestselling authors such as Bruce Sterling, and Jane Yolen and continues to champion bold new crossover talents including Paolo Bacigalupi and Ken Liu.
Now drawing upon F&SF‘s impressive history of classic and contemporary tales, this extraordinary companion anthology revisits and expands upon sixty-five years’ worth of top-notch fiction. These broad-ranging, award-winning tales appeal to readers of genre fiction and beyond, exploring alternate history, time travel, urban fantasy, virtual reality, modern myth, horror, interstellar travel, epic fantasy, mystery, and space opera.
- “The Third Level” by Jack Finney
- “Fondly Fahrenheit” by Alfred Bester
- “The Cosmic Charge Account” by C. M. Kornbluth
- “The Anything Box” by Zenna Henderson
- “The Prize of Peril” by Robert Sheckley
- “—-All You Zombies—-” by Robert A. Heinlein
- “Green Magic” by Jack Vance
- “The Doors of His Face, the Lamps of His Mouth” by Roger Zelazny
- “Narrow Valley” by R. A. Lafferty
- “Sundance” by Robert Silverberg
- “Attack of the Giant Baby” by Kit Reed
- “The Hundredth Dove” by Jane Yolen
- “Jeffty Is Five” by Harlan Ellison
- “Salvador” by Lucius Shepard
- “The Aliens Who Knew, I mean, Everything” by George Alec Effinger
- “Rat” by J. P. Kelly
- “The Friendship Light” by Gene Wolfe
- “The Bone Woman” by Charles de Lint
- “The Lincoln Train” by Maureen McHugh
- “Maneki Neko” by Bruce Sterling
- “Winemaster” by Robert Reed
- “Suicide Coast” by M. John Harrison
- “Have Not Have” by Geoff Ryman
- “The People of Sand & Slag” by Paolo Bacigalupi
- “Echo” by Liz Hand
- “The New York Times at Special Bargain Rates” by Stephen King
- “The Paper Menagerie” by Ken Liu
For more info about The Very Best of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Volume 2, visit the Tachyon page.
Cover by Thomas Canty
Design by Elizabeth Story