Booksellers and librarians get THE NEW VOICES OF SCIENCE FICTION, the new anthology edited by award winners Hannu Rajaniemi and Jacob Weisman
Review copies of THE NEW VOICES OF SCIENCE FICTION, the bold sequel to World Fantasy Award-winning THE NEW VOICES OF FANTASY are now available via NETGALLEY and EDELWEISS.
What would you do if your tame worker-bots mutinied? Is your 11 second attention span enough to placate a cranky time-tourist? Would you sell your native language to send your daughter to college?
The avant-garde of science fiction have landed in this space-age sequel to the World Fantasy Award-winner, THE NEW VOICES OF FANTASY. Here are the rising stars of the last five years of science fiction, including newcomers as well as already lauded authors: Rebecca Roanhorse, Amal El-Mohtar, Alice Sola Kim, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Rich Larson, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Sarah Pinsker, Darcie Little Badger, S. Qiouyi Lu, Kelly Robson, and more. Their extraordinary stories have been hand-selected by cutting-edge author Hannu Rajaniemi (The Quantum Thief) and genre expert Jacob Weisman (INVADERS).
So go ahead, join the interstellar revolution. The new kids have hacked the AI.
Table of Contents
- “The Shape of My Name” by Nino Cipri
- “Madeleine” by Amal El-Mohtar
- “One Hour, Every Seven Years” by Alice Sola Kim
- “Ice” by Rich Larson
- “Robo-Liopleurodon!” by Darcie Little Badger
- “Mother Tongues” by S. Qiouyi Lu
- “Calved” by Sam J. Miller
- “Strange Waters” by Samantha Mills
- “In the Sharing Place” by David Erik Nelson
- “The Secret Life of Bots” by Suzanne Palmer
- “Our Lady of the Open Road” by Sarah Pinsker
- “A Series of Steaks” by Vina Jie-Min Prasad
- “The Need for Air” by Lettie Prell
- “Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience™” by Rebecca Roanhorse
- “A Study in Oils” by Kelly Robson
- “Tender Loving Plastics” by Amman Sabet
- “Toppers” by Jason Sanford
- “Utopia? LOL!” by Jamie Wahls
- “Openness” by Alexander Weinstein
- “The Doing and Undoing of Jacob E. Mwangi” by E. Lily Yu
For more info about THE NEW VOICES OF SCIENCE FICTION, visit the Tachyon page.
Cover art by Matt Dixon
Cover design by Elizabeth Story