Booksellers and librarians get THE NEW VOICES OF SCIENCE FICTION, the new anthology edited by award winners Hannu Rajaniemi and Jacob Weisman
What would you do if your tame worker-bots mutinied? Is your 11 second attention span enough to placate a cranky time-tourist? Would you sell your native language to send your daughter to college?
The avant-garde of science fiction have landed in this space-age sequel to the World Fantasy Award-winner, THE NEW VOICES OF FANTASY. Here are the rising stars of the last five years of science fiction, including newcomers as well as already lauded authors: Rebecca Roanhorse, Amal El-Mohtar, Alice Sola Kim, Sam J. Miller, E. Lily Yu, Rich Larson, Vina Jie-Min Prasad, Sarah Pinsker, Darcie Little Badger, S. Qiouyi Lu, Kelly Robson, and more. Their extraordinary stories have been hand-selected by cutting-edge author Hannu Rajaniemi (The Quantum Thief) and genre expert Jacob Weisman (INVADERS).
So go ahead, join the interstellar revolution. The new kids have hacked the AI.
Table of Contents
- “The Shape of My Name” by Nino Cipri
- “Madeleine” by Amal El-Mohtar
- “One Hour, Every Seven Years” by Alice Sola Kim
- “Ice” by Rich Larson
- “Robo-Liopleurodon!” by Darcie Little Badger
- “Mother Tongues” by S. Qiouyi Lu
- “Calved” by Sam J. Miller
- “Strange Waters” by Samantha Mills
- “In the Sharing Place” by David Erik Nelson
- “The Secret Life of Bots” by Suzanne Palmer
- “Our Lady of the Open Road” by Sarah Pinsker
- “A Series of Steaks” by Vina Jie-Min Prasad
- “The Need for Air” by Lettie Prell
- “Welcome to Your Authentic Indian Experience™” by Rebecca Roanhorse
- “A Study in Oils” by Kelly Robson
- “Tender Loving Plastics” by Amman Sabet
- “Toppers” by Jason Sanford
- “Utopia? LOL!” by Jamie Wahls
- “Openness” by Alexander Weinstein
- “The Doing and Undoing of Jacob E. Mwangi” by E. Lily Yu
For more info about THE NEW VOICES OF SCIENCE FICTION, visit the Tachyon page.