Tachyon tidbits featuring Peter S. Beagle, Kameron Hurley, John Kessel, Jeff VanderMeer, and Ellen Klages
The latest reviews and mentions of Tachyon titles and authors from around the web.
Peter S. Beagle (photo: Rina Weisman), Kameron Hurley, John Kessel (Scott Edelman), Jeff VanderMeer (Kyle Cassidy), and Ellen Klages (Scott R. Kline)
Peter S. Beagle’s IN CALABRIA, translated into Czech by Milan Žáček, won Best Translation from the Czech Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror.
Gunn Center for the Study of Science Fiction announced the 2018 John W. Campbell Memorial Award Finalists. While no Tachyon titles were mentioned, several Tachyon authors were honored: Kameron Hurley for The Stars are Legion, John Kessel for The Moon and the Other, and Jeff VanderMeer for Borne.
2018 Campbell Award Finalists
- Nina Allan The Rift
- Christopher Brown Tropic of Kansas
- Louise Erdrich Future Home of the Living God
- Kameron Hurley The Stars Are Legion
- John Kessel The Moon and the Other
- Eleanor Lerman The Stargazer’s Embassy
- Paul McAuley Austral
- Annalee Newitz Autonomous
- Deji Bryce Olukotun After the Flare
- Kim Stanley Robinson New York 2140
- Norman Spinrad The People’s Police
- Jeff VanderMeer Borne
- David Walton The Genius Plague
The 2018 Mythopoeic Awards Finalists were announced with Tachyon author Ellen Klages’ Passing Strange among the honorees.
Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature
- Crowley, John, Ka: Dar Oakley in the Ruin of Ymr (Saga Press, 2017)
- Hoffman, Alice, The Rules of Magic (Simon and Schuster, 2017)
- Kathryns, G.A., Snow City (Sycamore Sky Books, 2017)
- Klages, Ellen, Passing Strange (Tor.com, 2017)
- LaValle, Victor, The Changeling (Spiegel and Grau, 2017)
Congratulations to the winners and nominees.